Two Is Better Than One
Read the situations and make deductions.
1. Your father’s car is in the garage. He must be home. / He can’t have left.
2. Your cousin’s bicycle is in the garden. He/ She …
3. You can’t turn on your new computer. It …
4. Your best friend is not at school today. He/ She …
5. You are 15 minutes late. Your friends don’t They …
seem to be in the mall.
Rags to Riches
Simple Present Tense
Use the simple present tense for facts and things that are true in general.
For animals in the wild, each day is a struggle to survive.
Use the simple present tense to talk about future timetables or schedules.
My flight from Dubai to Bahrain leaves at 08:10 tomorrow. I then fly to Saudi Arabia
and arrive in Riyadh at eleven o’clock.
Use the present simple with exclamations with Here…! and There…! :
Q: Can I have the check, please? A: Of course, Sir. Here you are!
Q: Dad, can I borrow your cell phone, please? A: I suppose so. Here you go!
Q: Where are my glasses? A: Ah! There they are!
Q: Where is Nathalie? A: Here she comes!
What Will They Think of Next
Think about a person you admire who could be a role model for you and your friends.
2. Research and collect information about his/her life and achievements. Make notes along
the timeline below.
3. Draw the timeline on a large poster. Use your notes to write brief summaries at each point.
4. Include pictures or drawings to illustrate the person’s achievements.
5. Present your poster in class. Allow time for questions afterward.
The Gender Divide
Kevin Shields is the host of the show.
The book they are discussing was written a long time ago.
New and experienced drivers use different driving strategies.
Experienced drivers seem to be better able to deal with
Older drivers’ reflexes are as fast as younger drivers’.
New drivers tend to get more stressed and frightened when dealing with a dangerous situation.
Experienced drivers normally have lower insurance premiums than new drivers
|اسم الكتاب||كتاب النشاط Mega Goal 5 - المنهاج السعودي|
|اسم المؤلف||نخبة من المدرسين|
|عدد صفحات الكتاب||81|
|حجم الكتاب||5 ميجا بايت|
|دار النشر||وزارة التربية والتعليم السعودية|
|تاريخ النشر||1443 هـ|
|تصنيف الكتاب||مناهج وحلول دراسية|